Arguably the most iconic skateboard graphic of all time, "The Ripper" was illustrated in 1983 by legendary Powell-Peralta artist V.C. Johnson. Originally the graphic was used as a "Bones Sold Here" dealer window sticker. Next, the artwork found it's way onto t-shirts and eventually decks. The Ripper graphic has stood the test of time and has been a staple of the Powell-Peralta line for over 30 years.
Originally Released: 1983
Artwork by: Vernon Courtlandt Johnson
About Powell Peralta Patches:
- Powell Peralta embroidered patch
- 3.5" diameter
- iron-on backing
- Denim and cotton material provide the best base. Be careful of polyester.
- Put the item on a hard surface, like an ironing board. Iron it to create a nice, flat surface.
- Place the patch where you want it to be.
- Heat up the iron to it's hottest setting.
- Place a thin cloth over the patch. (This will protect the patch and any surrounding material).
- Place the iron over the patch and press down hard as possible for 15-30 seconds.
- Remove the iron and let patch cool.
- Check the patch by gently rubbing at the edge, trying to lift it. If it lifts, replace the thin material and iron again for 10- 15 seconds.
- To ensure a secure patch you can also sew around the edges.